How to connect with your Pilates and/or Yoga clients
The previous blog post focused on how to avoid “marketing burn-out”.
Today, let’s turn our attention on how to connect with your current clients in a more meaningful way.
Sometimes when you think about “having to market your Pilates and/or Yoga business”, it’s common to only think about how to attract new clients.
However, if you don’t maintain a meaningful connection with your current clients, you end up in a constant cycle of “getting and losing” clients!
But wouldn’t it be better if you maintained your current client base while adding to it effortlessly through your daily marketing?
Use these 7 tips to help you stay connected with your current clients’ deepest wants and needs:
- Get to know what each client needs. Why have they come to you and what benefits are they looking for? Have you got processes in place to determine if you’re serving their needs?
- Know exactly what their goals are and focus on working towards them. Avoid pushing your own agenda with them.
- Ask for feedback at the end of each class. “Did you enjoy that?”, “Out of 10, what would you rate that session as?”, “Why was it only 6/10, how could I get it to 10/10?”.
- Let them know why you’re teaching them a new exercise or posture. Explain what strength and flexibility they will achieve. What muscle groups they will be working. How this exercise will lead them to their goals. How it will help them with daily life activities.
- Be clear about your next progression for them. As they’re getting closer to their goals, start a conversation about their next step. Get them excited about the next stage of their journey with you.
- Call clients when they miss sessions to show you care. Oftentimes, a missed session is a sign that the client is “cooling off” and is a perfect opportunity for you to find out if this is the case.
- Send cards to them, via snail-mail! Birthday cards, special occasion cards, anniversary cards, thank-you cards for referring clients to you.
What other ways to connect with your current clients do you use?
Let me know below…