OMG, here it goes again!
You try not to roll your eyes at your client as they justify why they haven’t been doing the exercises you gave them to relieve their pain.
She came to see you specifcally to improve her back pain, BUT is full of excuses:
- “I’m so busy at work that there’s no time to do the exercises…”,
- “I know I should do them, but I get caught up with helping my children with their homework…”, and
- “The pain was so bad that I had to take some medication and go to bed…”
You can see so clearly HOW she’s sabotaging her fitness, health and wellbeing!
Her excuses and stories aren’t serving her in moving towards a pain free life.
And it’s making you so frustrated that you want to scream at her:
- “For goodness sake, please help yourself and commit to these exercises,”
- “Can’t you see that your excuses are holding you back?” and
- “Aren’t you fed up with feeling so much pain?”
Your insights into your client’s health, fitness and wellbeing are what make you such an amazing Pilates and Yoga Instructor & Studio owner!
Do you need to stop the stories, excuses and procrastination when it comes to marketing your Pilates and Yoga Studio?
Sabotaging behaviors that you may need to cut out to move your Pilates and Yoga Studio forward include:
- Telling yourself that you’re too busy teaching classes to take time out and plan your marketing schedule,
- Listening to “that voice” inside that tells you that you’re not experienced or talented enough to actively promote yourself and your Studio,
- Believing the story in your mind that tells you that ‘promoting and marketing your Pilates and Yoga classes is hard work and expensive’, and
- Holding onto the story that you have to ‘teach day and night for years before you can make a healthy profit and live the lifestyle you really want”.
Your “prescription” to move forward?
STOP whenever the stories that deplete your energy come up and ask, “Is this story about my business serving me or sabotaging me?